Show the world how fast and easy it is to Takl chores and you could win a $1000 cash prize.
Here's How the Contest Works:
- Step 1 - Have a friend record a video of you ordering a Takl job, picking a Provider, and/or easily paying through the app.
- Step 2 - Share your video PUBLICLY on your Facebook feed with the hashtag #HowYouTakl & tag @takl
- Step 3 - Gain as many Likes (worth 1 point), Comments (worth 2 points) and Shares (worth 10 points) as possible by October 28th at 9:00 a.m CST.
What You Could Win:
- The person with the highest total points will win $1000.
- Second place wins $500.
- Third place wins $250.
TAKL “SHOW US HOW YOU TAKL CONTEST” OFFICIAL RULES
October 8 - 29, 2018
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Preliminary Information: The Takl “Show Us How You Takl Contest” (“Contest”) will begin on October 9, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. and end October 28, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. (“Contest Period”). All times in the Contest refer to prevailing Central Time (“CT”). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries (defined below) received.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Contest is open to all registered Takl users in the United States who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Takl, Inc. (“Takl” or “Sponsor) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Rules. By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to rules and content of this Contest.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Contest (“Entry” or “Entries”), you must do each of the following:
- (a) Record a video of yourself using the Takl app in a positive manner with the goal of showing others how easy it is to order a job, pick a provider, and pay through the app (see video example above);
- (b) Post your video on your own account on Facebook as a Public post;
- (c) Use the “octothorp” and “howyoutakl” (i.e. #howyoutakl) in your post;
- (d) Tag Takl’s Facebook account “@Takl” in your post.
Route to entry for the competition is via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Takl/). The Entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified above and verified by the Sponsor, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor will not be responsible for: (a) any late or lost entries; (b) electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by unauthorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. 5. Entry Deadline Date. All Entries requirements for the Contest must be completed during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize.
6. Winner Selection. A winner will be chosen on or shortly after the end of the Contest Period based on the total number of accumulated “Likes” and “Shares” as set forth below:
- (a) Each Public Facebook “Like” on the Contest post equals 1 point each.
- (b) Each Public Facebook “Comment” on the Contest post equals 2 points each.
- (c) Each Public Facebook “Share” on the Contest post equals 10 points each.
Winners will be notified by email (at the email address of the Takl user account matching the Facebook account name) within three (3) days following the selection of the winners of the Contest. Takl shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a winner of a prize cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-substitutable, non-assignable, and non-transferable. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
If there are multiple entries tied with the same result, then the winner will be the one who has the most shares. If there are still ties, all tied winners will split and share the total value of the prizes award for all the tied places. For example, if three entrants are tied for 2nd place, they would split and share the total of the 2nd place and 3rd place prizes.
7. Prizes . Three prizes will be offered individually for first, second, and third place winners. One (1) First Place winner will receive $1,000 (U.S. dollars paid via Takl check). One (1) Second Place winner will receive $500 cash (U.S. dollars paid via Takl check). One (1) Third Place winner will receive $200 (U.S. dollars paid via Takl check). Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Takl to use your name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER
8. Rights Granted by You : By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), you understand and agree that Takl, anyone acting on behalf of Takl, and Takl’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Takl. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Takl from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Takl may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms and Conditions. Takl reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Takl’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Takl may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Takl. Takl reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Takl has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: entries that disparage or otherwise depict Takl in a negative manner; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Takl reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Disputes. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Williamson County, Tennessee having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). As a participant, you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. General Release. By entering the Contest, you agree to release Takl and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
13. No Affiliation. By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge that in no way is the Contest sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any Facebook or any other social network.
14. Sponsor. Takl, Inc., 307 Southgate Ct., Brentwood, TN 37027.